Performance Center, HP ALM, Host not registered
Why running Host Check on an installed host Lab Management gives us an error that states the host does not have BPT installed. The host definitely does have BPT installed.
"Finished with errors. Check Host has passed successfully on purpose Quick Test Professional, Service Test, but has failed on purposes Business Process Testing Tool Business Process Testing is not installed on this machine."
In this case the Connectivity add-in should also be downloaded and installed from <ALM server>/qcbin > Add-ins page (in addition to the UFT add-in for ALM).
Following steps may be used in order to troubleshoot this problem:
1. Make sure the user has full admin rights on the machine as described in following document under Installation section: KM183747;
2. Uninstall the existing UFT add-in for ALM from Control Panel;
3. Uninstall the existing ALM components:
- Open IE > Tools > Internet Options > General tab > Browsing History section > Delete button and select to delete Cookies & Temporary files. Then close all instances of IE;
- Run the ALM Client Uninstall utility: KM176290
- Once the utility has finished, navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files and delete the Mercury Interactive folder;
- Navigate to %Temp% folder (this would be located in the path C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Temp) and delete the TD_80 folder;
- Navigate to C:\Windows\Downloaded Program Files and delete the ALM-Platform-Loader file(s).
4. Install both UFT add-in for ALM (either from UFT setup or from https://hpln.hp.com/page/unified-functional-testing-add) and ALM Connectivity Add-in (from <ALM server>/qcbin > Add-ins page)
5. Open IE or ALM Client and let the components download and register.